I just hit someone’s car!

If you are at fault for a car accident you should call your insurance immediately and open a claim. Part of your car insurance benefit is to pay the victim of the accident for their property damage and personal injury claim. This benefit is at no additional cost to you, it is part of the car insurance coverage. Some people believe they need to hire an attorney to represent them when they are being sued in civil court for an accident they caused. Your insurance company will provide the lawyers you need to defend you in court. By the way, the lawsuit will have your name alone on the complaint, but your insurance company will represent you and pay all verdicts on your behalf.
If you didn’t have valid insurance at the time of the accident, the victim’s insurance company will take care of their property damage and injury clam. After that, they may come after you to reimburse them for all payments made to the victim. This process is called subrogation. Don’t drive a vehicle without insurance, it is too costly.
If you have been injured in a car accident and you need legal representation Omena Law Firm is here to help you. Please call us at 301-363-1604.



By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.