First Things to Do in an Accident

Report the Accident

Report the accident to your insurance as soon as possible. Provide them with all the details and information you have gathered. A claim will be opened for you, and the adjuster assigned to handle your claim will begin to process the claim on your behalf. They will also contact the other driver’s insurance company who, if accepting fault, should provide you with a rental car and begin to repair your vehicle. If the vehicle has been totaled, they will write you a check in the amount of the car’s Kelley Blue Book value. If you have personal injury protection (PIP), your adjuster will compensate you for your lost wages and medical bills.

If you have been injured in a car accident or any type of accident, Omena Law Firm is here to help you. Please give us a call at 301-363-1604.



By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.